Monday 23 September 2013

Go Go Power Ranger!




Nope, its not a Primary coloured plastic ninja robot superhero, but another of my Bones miniatures. Arthrand Nightblade, Elven Ranger.

Having painted several large miniatures recently I thought I should go back to something a little more normal sized and this one has been staring at me from behind my brush pot for some time.  I guess as a Ranger he was trying to blend in.

I took quite a long time deciding what colour scheme to go for, at one point he was going to have a blue cloak and white robes, I flirted with the idea of painting him as a Drow (but i've seen someone else do that) and i'd fairly well settled on a green selection when I had a moment of inspiration.  I would paint him like a Jedi from Tatooine.

Obi-Wan and his buddies from the Desert planet in Star Wars have the same layered style of clothing and the colours just work really well together.  Add the fact that this a spiritual warrior in tune with the natural world and I had the perfect excuse to paint him like Jedi.

I added a touch of green for contrast and a rocky scenic base from Tiny Worlds.

I hope you like him.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks WP, I have to admit it's one of my favourite paint jobs so far, the photos don't really do him justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reaper Bones are great stuff! I have planned for long time to order a boxfull of Bones minis. Maybe now I will... For I see they look great painted :) Really nice paint job, and great blog you have here! Have to follow.

    ReplyDelete