Friday 24 August 2012

West Wind Nazi Zombies Reviewed and Painted

After my little treat of painting Reaper's Damian Helthorne I thought I should get on with the Nazi Zombies i've been procrastinating over for the last few weeks.  Well I finished them this evening so here they are.

To be fair they weren't as big a chore to paint than I thought and i'm satisfied that they came out to a fairly good tabletop standard.  More importantly I think they'll scare the bejeezus out of my players when we play my new Weird War II game!


Click to Zoom



The miniatures have generally been well sculpted and fit in perfectly with the Artizan Designs German Infantry I painted last month.  I was rather disappointed with one of the heads though as it looks like its been squashed by someones thumb and still mass produced anyway.  This wasn't a major issue though as there were half a dozen different heads to choose from so only two or three of the pack had to use the bad one.

One of the things I did with these miniatures to bring them to life (if you'll excuse the pun) was to hand paint over the blood with gloss varnish.  This makes the blood look fresher without having to make it unrealisticly bright red.  I'm not sure if you've noticed but when you cut your finger what comes out isn't much like the ketchup coloured 'Blood Red' that Games Workshop sell, but much more like their 'Scab Red', in fact I darkened Scab Red down a little more and painted it in vertical lines down from the wounds to make it look like the blood has dribbled down.  I think it worked but i'd like your opinions, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment